Humanitarian Values and Communication Department is involving in the areas of dissemination of Red Cross Knowledge, International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and Fundamental Principles of the RCRC Movement to promote NRCS image and humanitarian values. It also looks after the different communication channels owned by NRCS, for example, the website, radio programs and social media.
The department supports the district chapters and different departments in communications, Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA), humanitarian diplomacy, better programming and safer access of the services and volunteers. It is constantly advocating for social inclusion, nonviolence and peace.
Follow us on Social Media:
|Name||Designation||Email address||Contact Number|
|1||Dibya Raj Poudel||Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org||01-4285089, |
|2||Sakun Kumar Joshi||Dy. Directoremail@example.com||01-4270650, |
- Enhance greater public support for the humanitarian action of NRCS
- Strengthen internal and external communication
- Increase effective use of social media & information technology
- Promote Red Cross branding and humanitarian diplomacy
Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA)
Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) is an organizational priority area which supports reducing vulnerability through community participation and working closely with communities and governmental and non-governmental organizations in democratic, transparent and participatory way.
NRCS has developed this Community Engagement and Accountability Strategy for guiding to run sustainable and community driven programmes. The strategy basically facilitates to put communities at the center of organizational activities, enabling stronger accountability for communities, improved acceptance and trust, and more knowledgeable, skilled and connected communities contributing towards resiliency.
Scope of CEA in Nepal Red Cross Society:
- Engaging people, including the most vulnerable, and putting them at the centre of our work and programmes – including them in planning and implementation
- Ensuring all voices in a community are heard and acted upon
- Being responsive to feedback and adapting programming based on that
- Finding the most appropriate methods to communicate and gather feedback – recognising that this is different for different target groups
- Finding barriers to changing behaviour and support behavioural and social change communication.
- Improving services through learning adaptations
EU Aid Volunteers supporting resilience of vulnerable communities and capacity building within the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
Partners: Finnish Red Cross / European Commission Education, Audiovisual, Culture Executive Agency (EACEA)