For the envision of bringing as an independent corporate unit, the Human Resource Development Institute (HRDI) has been established in 2012. Institute can facilitate training for self-serving skills and of aims at being the leading institute of innovative and modern management and organizational development in the country, and also in the SARD/SAARC region.
At present, HRDI refers to an organization’s focus on improving human resources including its volunteers’ knowledge, ability, skills. The HRDI is functional to produce basic and medium level human resources within as well as outside of the NRCS, ensure providing consultancy services, manage professional training courses and set standards for skills required for verification. The institute manages the responsibility of training and capacity building innovative conduction to the HR adopting scientific and modern tools of HR-related policy and guideline which helps to ensure the availability of highly motivated people for providing a timely and qualitative humanitarian response in the emergency and development actions.
Key activities of HRDI
- Producing modern techniques and human capacity to perform in the best possible way of service
- Providing training services to build the capacities on both “core competencies” and “specific area competencies” of governance and management
- Developing trainers and building training capacity of CBOs/NGOs and district chapters of Nepal Red Cross Society
- Conducting research-based theory with a focus on programmatic research
- Promoting and collaborate with local, national and international partners working in the educational sectors
- Developing internal organizational and management capacities to deliver institutional services efficiently and effectively