Human Resource Management Department (HRMD) is responsible for managing the human resources of NRCS, including both the staff members and volunteers.
Currently, there are more than 1,000 employees, and more than 1,000,000 volunteers and members associated with the Nepal Red Cross Society.
Since the establishment of Human Resource Management Department (HRMD) in 2002, the department has been working to manage motivated and efficient HR for the humanitarian response which is the key arena of the human resource management department’s objective. The department specifically contributes to ‘establish responsive and responsible governance and effective management system at all levels’ (7th Development Plan of NRCS, Strategy 4).
- To manage efficient and motivated human resource (staff & volunteer) for the quality service delivery by HR planning, employee remuneration and benefits administration, performance management, and employee relation
- To develop professionalism and creating the environment to uplift standards of professionalism, the right sense for the good conduct,
- To maintain the ‘Good Administrative Governance’ managing the standards at the internal and external level
- To adhere to the efficient and effective best practices, innovative programme, principles, and values for the HR development
- To build the teamwork and treat everyone dignifiedly
- To develop the relationship, coordination, and partnership with the Nepal Government and other agencies
- To promote innovation, improving the operational capacity, program & products compatible with the organization policy and service need
Human Resource Division (HRD)
Human Resource Division (HRD) is mainly responsible for the development of human resource-related organizational policy, rules and regulations, procedures and execution processes needed for administration and effective human resource management of Nepal Red Cross Society. The HRD division is working through an integrated approach, partnership and coordinated ways in the area of human resource-related policy, standardization of job descriptions and performance evaluation, standardization record-keeping of available human resources and developed skillful professional, and identification of needs of training with training courses development and follow-up. The human resource management department governs HRD division basically for the technically supports to all other departments on the above mention areas of benefits of human resource i.e. development, motivation, define benefits, performance evaluation, career development, reward, recognition, development of the policy and guideline and regular monitoring for the compliances of disciplinary action during the service periods.
Key Activities at HRD
- Developing highly competent employee and volunteer for the organization service
- Formulating and developing the policy, procedure, rules and regulation and program needed for providing continuity and sustainability to human resource management
- Providing strategic and technical support and advice to the administrative units in order to develop administrative and managerial sectors under human resource management
- Formulating strategy and program for continuity of human resource management sector
- Conducting organizational development (OD) and human recourse competency development-related research services
Head of Department